Thursday, April 5, 2012

spring break....

Spring Break in Washington is always....interesting.


Monday:  BEAUTIFUL day.  The sun was shining, it was warm, and I felt...productive.  Had coffee with a friend in the morning, got to work out in the morning, and then came home and CLEANED.  Everything.  I even cleaned my car out!


Tuesday:  Not beautiful.  However, it turned out to be a great day.  I was able to have coffee with one of my best friends in the morning, got to catch up with a former student's family and hung out with them for a bit, popped in to another friend, and then had coffee with a girl who I am mentoring.  I totally felt like a normal person doing normal person things...during the day time!  During break I try to squeeze in as much as I can, because normally I just don't have time to do things like this.


Wednesday:  I ended up having surgery and getting my wisdom teeth out. Ouch.  However, it is forcing me to just relax these last few days, and I think that is much needed for my soul.  


Tomorrow is Friday, and we are headed to our church's Good Friday service, and then happy hour with some of our best friends.  


Hoping to feel better tomorrow... I'm ready to be up and moving again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally relate to "normal people, doing normal things." Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to do things during the day, when I am teaching. Like returning phone calls to the credit union or paying bills...