He left, and then a few hours later after he cleared his head, he called. So I went and saw him. I think this is the conclusion we have come to.
He just got out of a long-term relationship. And that is weighing heavily on him right now. We need to just cool it for a while.
Stay friends: YES. No question about that.
Relationship: We both need some time and space before we would start that.
It was good to just sit and talk with him. Then he held my hand during the movie we watched. Then I fell asleep cause my head hurt so much from processing...and now I am extremely tired.
But I'm off to church which is good. And he's in Alaska for the day. Yes, Alaska.
So it didn't all come crashing down. Just maybe in my heart a little. I think that I really need to work on 'guarding my heart' a little bit more. Problem is, I think I have already invested emotions into this and its hard to now step back and guard myself. I always dive head first into things and give 100% so backing off is hard. I like to invest myself in my friends and their well-being, so stepping back and away from such a great friend is hard. But necessary.
And Cherry, thank you so much for praying for me. That is one of the crazy weird things about blogging is that this is kind of my personal journal, but to know that others I don't even know are praying for me is amazing. The strength of the Lord is amazing.
Lord, help me to guard my heart. Help me to get some perspective. Help me to listen to people in my life who I trust and value their opinions. Help me to depend more on you. Amen.
1 comment:
You know its pretty wild, last night I was laying in bed and God put you on my heart!
I used to feel weird for praying for people I had never met, but God puts things on our hearts for reasons!
Glad you're doing better today!! <3
Post a Comment