I am quickly finding out how different {men} and {women} deal with being sick.
Is it just me who thinks that or is that pretty well known and I'm the last to find out. I used to notice it with my Dad quite a bit, and with my brothers as well...but now I am REALLY noticing it.
So R is sick. He has a cold. But to him?
END OF THE WORLD.
This morning I found him lying in bed, moaning, looking quite pitiful saying in his weakest voice, "Heeelllp meeeeee."
Seriously? I think when a man is sick, the world stops rotating, the oceans part, and they think the seas are rising up above them.
Babe, you have a cold. That's it. Yes, you have a runny nose. Blowing it helps. Yes, your head hurts. Advil helps. You don't have a fever, cough, rash, or the chills. You'll be fine. I promise. Yes, I will take care of you, bring you hot tea in bed, make a lunch for you BEFORE I have to be out of the door at 7:00, bring you a cup of water at your bedside, and come and check on you on my lunch break. Yes, I will straighten up and make sure you have clean clothes and towels before I leave. Yes, I will kiss your forehead, pull the covers up over you, tuck you in, and remind you to rest. Because I love you. And I really do love taking care of you.
But if that was me? Well...I'd still be going to work, getting the grocery shopping done, popping some Sudafed, putting in the laundry, making dinner, writing a thank you note, pay the bills, and then crash into bed with a bottle of NyQuil next to me.
And yes, you would take care of me in your own very kind way. And I'd probably get a back rub out of it.
I think that I would rather ME be sick than YOU.
I just handle it better.
I love you, Babe. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment