Thursday, July 15, 2010

deeper...

This past week, something happened in mine and R's relationship that made it go...deeper. Granted, it was NOT the kind of situation that I EVER want to find myself in again until it is the right time, but we found ourselves in a situation that came with enough stress to last me for a looonnnggg time, and may have resulted in a gray hair or 2. Or 50.

But in the midst of all of that stress, tears, worry, and fear, our relationship grew. It grew stronger. Deeper. And made me realize how much I truly love this man. How I want to spend the {rest of my life with him}.

I have never met someone who can reassure me or calm me down like he can. How he can grab hold of my mess of anxiety and smooth it out. How he can listen. How he can just hold me. How he can force his way into the bathroom and sit on the floor with me and just hold me. At a moment where I thought I just wanted to be alone and cry, he knew that what I really needed was love. He knows that, because he knows me {like no one else does}.

One of the most special, personal, and intimate moments I have ever had with him is when we {prayed} together. Wow. That feeling of coming together as a couple and praying to our heavenly Father, thanking him for our blessings, and asking for His will to be done in our relationship and His way to be shown, was amazing. A very special moment I will treasure forever.

He has been the most encouraging, caring, sensitive, understanding, and supportive person. And I am forever grateful for that. I could not ask for a better man.

We are both learning from God's perfect love how to love each other better. How to continue to work on our relationship. How to put God at the center. How to love like he loves us.

{Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.}

1 comment:

Charity said...

this makes me happy :)

and hopefully sometime soon i will have some news of my own to share :)