Part Four
(Read part one and part two and part three first.)
It wasn’t until January that I finally officially ended things for good. And while I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, I felt the loneliness set it.
A deep sense of loneliness.
And along with that loneliness, lots of anxiety.
Things that hadn’t bothered me before, things that I could laugh off, things that normally I would get over quickly, suddenly hit me harder than ever before.
Getting out of bed became more of a chore every day.
Sleeping was difficult.
I stopped doing things that I once found a lot of enjoyment in.
I tried to stay connected with my family and friends, but it was difficult.
And this was a feeling that I had never felt before.
But it weighted heavily on me.
I felt like a darkness had set in on my life and I wasn’t sure how to get out.
I discovered I have some deep set abandonment issues. They stem from a stressed relationship with my father and his tendency to just ‘abandon ship’ when the going got tough. And so from that, I developed a fear of being abandoned.
So, with my combination of feeling broken, abandoned, and lonely, I tried to keep what was left of my heart safe.
I pushed people away out of fear of losing what was left of my heart.
I was scared I would lose the rest of it.
It was hard to be around my family, my friends, and people that I once enjoyed spending time with. I became a different person.
My dark place was taking over my life, and I hated it.
It was Super Bowl weekend and I was trying to enjoy it with my friend and her family. That evening, I got a phone call that changed the direction my life was headed…
No comments:
Post a Comment