Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Boy: The Second, Third, and Fourth Date...

Part Nine

(Read part one and part two and part three and part four and part five and part six and part seven and part eight first.)

That Wednesday at group, I got there a few minutes late.

But Ryan wasn’t there either.

The only seat was a chair kind of in the ‘back row’ since we were watching a movie clip to start. Then Ryan showed up. And grabbed a chair and sat RIGHTNEXTTOME.

Towards the end of group, he asked for my phone number. I put my phone number in his phone. And called my phone so I had his.

That night, he was on Facebook.

Want to chat?
GULP. Sure.

He called.

We talked for about an hour before we both were falling asleep.

Thursday, he texted me and asked me if I wanted to do something Saturday.
Sure…what do you have in mind?

I don’t know…we can figure it out then I guess. Just come over around 11ish on Saturday.

…okay.

Big steps for me.

Friday night he called. He couldn’t wait to see me. Could we do dinner tonight too?

…okay.

Friday night was great…we chatted about everything, and conversation came so easily.
I was supposed to meet him at 11 at his house the next day…but he wouldn’t tell me where we were going. I like a man with a little mystery.

The next day was a whirlwind… we ended up going to the beach up where he works, about 45 minutes north. We walked on the beach, had lunch, talked, and just soaked up spending time together.

Come over tomorrow?

…okay.

Sunday again, we spent the entire day together, went to church, watched a movie, cooked dinner together, and just enjoyed.

We had the official ‘DTR’ (define the relationship) conversation, and it was agreed that we were officially ‘dating’.

I felt such…peace. Such… confidence, safety, and love.

Like I just knew my heart was in good hands.

And THAT, was an amazing feeling…