Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Boy: The First (unofficial?) Date...

Part Eight


(Read part one and part two and part three and part four and part five and part six and part seven first.)


I showed up that night REALLY nervous to group link. Nervous for two reasons.


Number 1: I would have to talk to LOTS of people


Number 2: Ryan would be there and I would have to talk to him.


He was already there when I got there…manning the table. Apparently, he got there before the 5:00 service…went to church and then was going to be there for the time before the 6:30 service.


And so it started. The talking. It came so easy. The flirting. Lots of it. The teasing. But in a playful fun manner. The sharing. Why was I being so open with him? Not many people came over to talk to us about our group, but I was kind of glad. I was enjoying this so much!


The 6:30 service was going to start, and I hadn’t gone to church yet. I figured I could stay after the 6:30 to man our table since no one had signed up to do that.


But Ryan had already gone to church. Until I convinced him he really should stay with me and come to church AGAIN and then help me man the table after.


And he did.


While we were singing worshiping God…I started feeling this overwhelming sense of…peace. Something I hadn’t felt in quite some time.


A sence of... completeness.


After church was over, we continued joking, laughing, talking, and sharing.


Ryan: So… I’m kind of hungry.
Me: Me too.
Ryan: So…do you want to go get something to eat?
Me: GULP. Sure
Ryan: Okay, where do you want to go?
Me: I don’t care…wherever.
Ryan: I don’t know much over here…what sounds good?
Me: How about Silver City?
Ryan: Okay, meet you there!
Me: GULP. Okay.
I pulled out of the parking lot and called Sarah.


AM I GOING ON A DATE? I don’t know… I’m nervous…AHHHHH. I think that is kind of how the conversation went. Very direct and to the point if you can't tell.


I showed up at Silver City…and let me just tell you.


Those next THREE hours are a complete blur. I had to work the next morning, but we stayed there until 11. It went by SO fast.


We talked about everything: school, work, family, faith, love, life…conversation came so easily.


He paid.


Hugged me goodbye.


And let me tell you…I was REALLY looking forward to that coming Wednesday…

No comments: