Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Boy: The Meeting...

Part Six

(Read part one and part two and part three and part four and part five first.)

That Wednesday, I rode with my friend Kim to Bible Study. Again, broke out in a sweat in the car. Good thing she liked to be early too. That way, I could find a seat, stay there till it was over and then book it out of there! Social situations just brought me way too much anxiety.

Luckily, I knew the people who were hosting the bible study, and settled into my corner on the couch. More people showed up… a married couple, another couple (or at least they looked like a couple), another single girl…another couple…and one single guy.

He showed up late.

We did our introductions and I didn’t catch his name.

But I did catch: his EYES. They were SO blue they just drew you in. Like…really blue.

And for some odd reason…I felt like he was staring at me. The WHOLE bible study. If he answered a question, he would look at me like we were the only two people in the room and answer it. I didn’t say a word, I could barely even say my name, but I kept catching his eyes the whole night.

When I left and got into the car with Kim, the first thing she said was, “That one guy kept staring at you!”

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t even know his name! But his blue eyes were stuck in my head…like they were somehow able to pierce deep into my soul and see the true me.

2 comments:

Charity said...

I am LOVING this!!! literally getting excited everyday to read!! WHOOOO!!

Katie said...

I am so glad you are enjoying reading...I am REALLy enjoying writing! :)