Part Five
(Read part one and part two and part three and part four first.)
Super Bowl Sunday, my life changed.
A girl from church called to invite me to a woman’s super group at church. My first thought was NO WAY. Too many people, too much talking, and too much sharing. Not. For. Me.
But God had a different plan. For some odd reason, I just said yes. And I don’t just say yes to ANYTHING. I have to think about it, plan it out, make sure it is okay and will work, and then I will say yes. But I just said yes.
It starts tomorrow? Oh. Boy. Not quite ready for that.
I was nervous the whole day at school. I knew that night I was going to have to go because I told her I was going to be there. Plus, I wasn’t doing anything anyways. I was never doing anything.
Walking down the hall at school that day, one of my teaching friends stopped me. “Have I ever invited you to my small group?” You have GOT to be kidding me.
I had been avoiding getting into a small group for almost a year. And now TWO offers in TWO days??? And again, for some very strange reason, I just said yes.
I joined my {second} small group.
That might at Bible Study #1, I walked into the room, and recognized a few people. That helped with the massive amount of anxiety I was feeling...and showing. I broke out in a cold sweat before I even got through the doors. This was a big step for me.
But God had big plans for me. I enjoyed Bible Study. Met some great women. And started to feel like my heart might be able to heal.
I decided that night that I needed to focus more on HIM, and less on him. I needed to give my whole heart, or what I thought I had left to HIM, and not to him anymore. I needed to depend on HIS love, and not cling to his love. I needed to be satisfied by the one that can fully satisfy, instead of try to be satisfied by surface superficial love.
I committed myself to the 8 week bible study in the woman’s super group. The topic? Discerning the voice of God. I can tell you this. I KNEW that was the voice of God.
I committed myself to my Bible Study #2 as well.
I committed myself to going to Church EVERY Sunday. I needed my focus and my whole life to be devoted to HIM. And I hit the pavement running…
No comments:
Post a Comment