What a week so far!
- My student teacher is more exhausting than my students. It has been a very good, but very difficult thing to guide someone who is in their LAST quarter before full time student teaching...who doesn't have a clue. I vented to my principal yesterday...and may have teared up a bit. Yep. In front of my boss.

- I haven't made dinner in almost a week. Unless you count the rotisserie chicken we got, and the steamed broccoli I put in the microwave, and the low-fat crescent rolls I put in the oven. Other than that... we have either eaten out, or eaten leftovers from our fridge.
- I have six loads of laundry sitting on my couch and living room floor right now. My poor husband has to run downstairs {naked} to get his clothes in the morning for work! Thankfully we have stained glass on our front door... and then the living room windows back up the woods. I'm sure he is very appreciative that I shared that he runs around naked.
- I have been late to work every. single. day. this week. Luckily for me, 'late' isn't that big of a deal for teachers. As long as I'm prepared for the day... coming in a few minutes after our contracted time just means I stay a few minutes later in the evenings.
- Part of the reason I haven't made dinner, or folded the clothes is because I have had meetings every night! Not sure normal for me, but not uncommon.
- Our TV hasn't even been turned on this week. Shocking.
- This morning I was putting some tortilla chips in a bag for me for lunch... and promptly dropped the bag on the ground, scattering chips everywhere. Did I pick them up? Nope. Because I know they will be waiting there for me as soon as I get home.
I broke my toe (it's the one with the cut on it)on Sunday. Luckily the swelling/bruising has gone down quite a bit and it isn't as painful to walk on. I did it while tripping over a TV stand that I {thought} was pushed against the wall, but my hubby had been looking for something and pulled it out. But because I was trying to find something in the dark without having to turn the light on... I tripped. And broke my toe. Ouch.
And last but not least... I am SO NERVOUS to have my writing be displayed TOMORROW, February 9th over at Jordan's blog Wide Open Spaces as a guest blogger for Valentine's Day week! As I have been reading everybody's writing I keep doubting that mine is any good.
- And that is the truth... because that is what confessions are all about....right? Hope you enjoy my V-Day reflections tomorrow!

3 comments:
Hope your toe feels better soon!!
I have heard that student teachers can be a handful or a blessing, depending on who it is. I think I am getting one next school year and I am kind of nervous about it. I also laughed pretty hard about your laundry. If I didnt have a very sheddy cat and dog, my clean laundry would be on the couch too!
Love all of these confessions and can relate to sooooo many of them! I have a student teacher right now, on her final internship, but luckily she's pretty with it. It still is exhausting to have someone with you all.the.time!
Post a Comment