Wednesday, January 26, 2011

wedding planning: the flowers...

The Wedding Flowers...

I am not much into flowers for two reasons. 1) I am so allergic. As in, really allergic. Sneezing repeatedly just doesn't sound like too much fun to me on my wedding day. 2) They are expensive and die quickly. So for the {BIG} day, we are going for simple on the flowers and focusing more on something I love... candles.

My bouquet will be made of two dozen white roses...and look something like this:

















The bottom will be wrapped in royal blue fabric to pop against my VERY white dress.

The bridesmaids will have bouquet that are made of white hydrangeas and roses, and be a little bit smaller than mine. They guys will have a white rose and a sprig of hydrangea and the MOB/MOG will have a wristlet of roses and hydrangea.

In the reception, each table will have a simple centerpiece revolving around a square vase with two hydrangeas in them. They will be sitting on glass and then have candles around it as well. Hopefully, it will look something like this. We are also going to put blue ribbon around the vases to tie it in.




I am SO excited about the flowers/candle combination. I am totally going for romantic and elegant...and I and so excited to see it all put together! 101 days to go!

2 comments:

krislyn. said...

I love that idea.. For my {future} wedding, I had that ideaw as well! ;)

Can't wait to see the final product!

krislyn. said...

I love that idea.. For my {future} wedding, I had that ideaw as well! ;)

Can't wait to see the final product!