Friday, December 31, 2010

reflections.

What a year 2010 has been. Here is my recap, month by month.

JANUARY ~ This year started our in a very dark, lonely place. My heart was still breaking, and I was trying to piece it back together. I spent the month giving everything to my students and soaking up their love more than they will ever know. That is what got me through. I baked, watched TV, went to the gym, worked my second job, and spent time with my family.

FEBRUARY ~ Started out very much so the same as January. Valentine's day was spent on the shooting range wearing black (a tradition of mine). I decided that I was too young and my life was too short to waste it away. And that is what I felt I was doing. Wasting my life. Amazing how God listens and intervenes right when we need him. Super Bowl weekend, I was invited to join a women's small group. It started the next day. That Monday, I was invited to join a small group that met on Wednesdays. After many tears and prayers, I knew I needed to give my life back to God, to put my whole focus on him and not on me. Also, I met this guy. He had blue eyes and was in my small group.

MARCH ~ A whirlwind of a month. Started bible study. LOVED it. Felt like my life had purpose again. And within two weeks, Ryan and I had met, went on our first...second...third...fourth... date. Fell completely head over heals in love. Oh and he called his parents and told them he was going to marry me. My family didn't know him.

APRIL ~ Life. Was. GREAT.

MAY ~ Life. Was. GREAT.

JUNE ~ A very emotional month. Due to a one year contract, I love my wonderful teaching job. Had to move out of my classroom. Had to say goodbye to my students. Had to say goodbye to my staff. Ryan was there for me through everything. My family was so supportive. And I felt truly loved.

JULY ~ Started teaching summer school. Quite the adventure. Life was just great. Growing more and more in love with my man.

AUGUST ~ Feeling so solid in my family, my love of family, and Ryan. Spending time with family and just soaking it up. Was rehired at a different elementary school. Spent many hours getting ready for my new bunch of 5th graders.

SEPTEMBER ~ Became the future Mrs. Katie Kanzler, when Ryan asked me to be his wife and spend the rest of my life with him. FOREVER. Loved the thought that he would be my family, his family would become my family, and he would (someday) become the father of my children. Started teaching at a very different school and discovering how to advocate for myself and my kids.

OCTOBER ~ Wedding planning. Wedding planning. Some more wedding planning. Found my DRESS. And a church. And a reception place. Teaching. Crazy.

NOVEMBER ~ Spent pretty much all of November SICK. But feeling so loved and supported by Ryan and my family. Spent Thanksgiving with Ryan's family, and then with mine. Loving having two families.

DECEMBER ~ Spent my first Christmas with Ryan, decorating his place, hanging out with his family, celebrating with my family. Feeling so in love, and so loved.

What a wonderful year it has been of major changes. Can't even wait to see what 2011 has in store. It's going to be a big year. Bring. It. On.

No comments: