Saturday, November 21, 2009

music.

Music is the heartbeat of my life. My parents brought me up to LOVE music. It's always on...in the mornings to get me going, in my classroom all day long, when I get home to wind down, and to put me to sleep. I have grown to love all kinds of music...yes, all kinds. Growing up, we primarily listened to country music and classical/jazz.

Then, I started listening to a little bit more rock/alternative and ever sometimes...rap. Anything but screaming music.

Recently, I have been relating to quite a few songs. Maybe just a line or two, or maybe the whole song.

For example: Lady Antebellum...I would highly recommend "All We'd Ever Need". Watch out...if you have recently had your heart broken I say bring some kleenex. Also, "Need you Now." Again, broken heart people...watch out.

Then there is Taylor Swift. I relate to ALL of her songs. There is some piece that just gets me. Her new Platinum Edition of Fearless? All 6 are great. Her piano version of Forever and Always is my life in a nut shell. Untouchable? Great. The Other Side of the Door? Just want to post the words on my forehead. Come in with the Rain? Oh that song how it gets to me.

Then if we move into a little bit more alternative...Owl City. New favorites. Fireflies is just a great song. And then Vanilla Twilight has to go and make me cry again. Do you see a pattern? :)

Boys Like Girls "Love Drunk" is always a good one to listen to really loud... All American Rejects as well.

Music runs through my veins...its the heart beat in my life. If you ever need a suggestion for a song to make you feel better, get you revved up, make you think, enjoy a celebration, make a mix for Christmas, I am your person. :)

No comments: