Thursday, January 5, 2012

raspberry almond cookies...

When I was younger there was this shop in our local mall that had every kind of 'scent' you could imagine... I can't for the life of me remember the name, but there were tons of little jars with delicious smelling perfumes you could mix to make your own scent.

There was one in particular...It had a sweet, delicious almond smell that was out of this world. 

And so began my love affair with almond extract.

I found this recipe over at www.tastykitchen.com, and decided to make it last night.

I liked that I had all the ingredients, and it didn't take a lot of time... plus, eating fruit on my cookies makes them healthy and fit into my diet...right?


Raspberry Almond Cookies

  

Ingredients
1 cup Butter
⅔ cups Granulated Sugar
2 cups Flour
½ teaspoons Almond Extract Or Vanilla Extract
1 jar Raspberry Jam (I only had mixed berry...but it was delicious!)

1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Water (I used part almond extract and part water...yumm!)



Cream together the butter with the granulated sugar. Mix in flour and extract. Scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and shape into 1-inch balls. (The mixture will just barely come together.) Put each ball onto a cookie sheet and press your thumb into each one to make an indention. Put as much jam as you can put into each thumbprint.


Bake 14-18 minutes at 350 degrees.
Once cookies are cooled, mix together the powdered sugar with the water and drizzle onto the cookies.
Makes about 24 cookies.


No comments: