I have a love-hate relationship with gift cards.
LOVE that I can pick and choose what I want....
HATE that I always forget I have them....
LOVE not having to pay for something with my debit card
HATE having a wallet full of them....
LOVE not having to decide which envelope to take the money out of (thanks Dave Ramsey!)....
HATE having $0.53 cents left on it and feeling the need to keep it and not waste those precious pennies...
Exhibit A:
I went through and found all of my gift cards... including the ones I just received for Christmas and my birthday
I have a gift card problem.
Today, Ryan and I decided to go and return a wedding gift (long story... yes, we got married in MAY, but the post office lost the package and we JUST got. Bad news is that we had already had that item), and I had them put the balance on one of my Macy gift cards (pictured in the right center on my board above).
Because we had a pretty good size balance left, we decided to see if we could find a new comforter for our bed. We had been wanting a down comforter to go in our duvet cover, but they are SO expensive.
After trying out many different thread counts, weights, down alternatives, and allergy/asthma sensitive ones,
we did a lot of thinking (yes, that is a thinking face, not a mad face) and found there right one! And the best part was that it was 60% off, plus an additional 10%, so we got a $300 dollar comforter for about $70! That also means I have $16.37 cents left on my gift card...guess it goes back up on the board.
We put our new comforter into our duvet cover we got off of our gift registry...so cozy! Not exactly what our bed looks like, but we LOVE the design on our cover!
Tomorrow, I think we shall get Starbucks coffee (2 gift cards), maybe do some shopping at Old Navy (3 gift cards), eat at Red Robin (gift card), and then get some yummy Blu Berry fro-yo (10 gift certificates). Ha!




No comments:
Post a Comment