Wednesday, January 18, 2012

midweek confessions 2...

Monday we didn't have school because of MLK day.  The only reason I got dressed was because my little brother was going to come over.  And as soon as he left?  Back in my sweats again.

Tuesday night, my hubby worked late... which meant I was on my own for dinner.  But I REALLY wanted pancakes... so I called up my friend Gwen, and we feasted on amazing, wonderful, delicious homemade pancakes while having some much needed girl talk. 

Sometimes, I make a recipe on Monday... and then I give it to Ryan for lunch every. single. day. for the rest of the week.  I on the other hand, have to make something different each lunch or else I won't eat it.  He is so patient, and totally doesn't mind have something 5 days in a row.  

I usually follow recipes to a T, but last night I needed to make our weekly dinner, and found a great recipe for Mexican Lasagna.  However, I was missing a few ingredients, and didn't want to take the time to measure anything... so I just used what I had and called it good.  And the best part?  It turned out GREAT.

We were supposed to get a BIG dumping of snow today, but last night we had exactly 0 inches.  So at 4:45 when my husband's alarm went off, I was SO awake and literally JUMPED out of bed to see if there was snow.  Yes, I was excited as a little kid that there was 6 WHOLE INCHES, and it was still coming down.  Poor hubby wanted to sleep longer, but I was so excited I had a snow day, I just wanted to talk to him.  Poor guy.  

Today, I did absolutly nothing productive during my snow day.  I was SO bored that I decided to delete some old files and transfer them to a thumb drive.  And that was about it.  

And now?  I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow too!   


3 comments:

Jordy Liz said...

i love when you can just throw recipes together!

HopeAnn said...

We haven't gotten much snow around here until today, maybe two inches if that. My freshmen were all about checking the weather on their computers and looking out the window, hoping to get enough snow that they could have a snow day tomorrow. It's not likely, but we can always hope. I get just as excited if not more so for snow days than the kids. :)

Sarah said...

I completely miss snow days... so jealous!