Wednesday, November 18, 2009

oh you bring.

Oh God. You always seem to know exactly what I need right when I need it. You show yourself in a tangible way that lets me know I am not alone. That what I am doing and what I am up against is for your glory. That what I am doing is not done for nothing, but is done to praise you. Music is such a big part of my life and I feel like this song has been my anthem recently.

Oh You bring hope to the hopeless
And light to those in the darkness
And death to life
Now I'm alive
Oh You give peace to the restless
And joy to homes that are broken
I see You now
In You I'm found

And You opened the door for me
And You laid down
Your life to set me free
All that I am will serve You Lord
And You opened my eyes to see
All the wonder and awe of Christ in me
Jesus You're everything I need

Oh You fill those who are empty
And rescue those in the valley
And through it all You calm my soul
Oh You find me in my weakness
And heal the wounds of my heartache
I worship You in spirit and truth

All honour
All glory
All praise to You

Today, God gave me exactly what I needed. A reason to keep on going. I had a parent come in who had to sign some IEP paperwork, so he stopped in to meet me. Never met him before, but he came up to me and said, "It's so nice to meet the person who is having such a huge influence on my son's life. We have seen so many positive and good changes since he started in your classroom. Thank you so much for all you are doing."

Wow. That could not have come at a better time. When life is crazy, I'm preparing for conferences, staying up super late getting things ready, and living and breathing school. This is exactly what I needed to hear to push me through the next week. I can make it.

Thank you God helping me to feel your arms around me.

No comments: