Friday, August 28, 2009

traditions.

Today was a great care free kind of day.

Woke up...and then went back to sleep. Greatest feeling.

Had a lazy morning, checking Facebook, texting, talking to the bestie, drinking tea, and just relaxing. Went over to my parents house and grabbed a few things before I went and had coffee with and friend from High School. We haven't actually talked in YEARS. As in like... 6. And now she is married, and its kinda crazy. But it was great to catch up and I think we will probably be doing that on a pretty frequent basis now.

Then it was off to the grand of Fair and Stampede with the family. It's tradition. It's tradition that we walk through the Pavilion and look at all the gadgets. It's tradition that we eat Papa Murphey's pizza on the benches in front of the dog show area. It's tradition that one of us buys cotton candy and the rest of us eat it all. It's tradition that we sing loudly before the rodeo starts. That we cringe during the bull riding. That we laugh hysterically at the clowns.

Family traditions. My mom made a comment while we were walking around that kinda freaked me out. She asked if she could bring my kids to the fair and have a Nana day with them so my husband and I could go out. I just LOVE when she says things like that. That was dripping with sarcasm by the way. Although, I am so glad that my parents are excited about grand kids in the future. The far far future. :)

I really hope that when I do have kids I can establish some of the same and some new family traditions.

And now I am home... showered to try and stop the allergic reaction from the rodeo. Sucks to be allergic to animals...and dust...and hay.... cause I took four benadryl and my normal medications and I still feel like someone filled my sinuses up with glue. I also have a nice collection of hives right now. So fun. :)

Off to bed...looking forward to tomorrow. Work, then BASEBALL. Get to see the bestie too which is great. Oh yea, and the boy. :)

No comments: