Monday, August 10, 2009

60.

this marks my 60th post. A lot has happened in those 60 posts.

Currently, a lot is happening in my life.

Let me recap my last week.

Sunday: Thought I was going to be leaving for camp. Totally had mixed feelings about it too which is weird. Mixed feelings because I wanted to go to camp, but I didn't want to leave him. Well, camp was delayed due to the Norovirus. So, went over for orientation and came home. Good and bad. :)

Monday: Hung out...ran errands... saw the boy... 3 times... got a phone call for an interview..no big deal. :) Freaked out a bit and then found out that I was going to have to leave camp, and then return.

Tuesday: Headed out for camp... again with the weird mixed feelings! But, headed out, picked up Pete, and drove to Eatonville. It felt so good to be there and to prepare my heart for an emotional roller coaster of a week... or rather, a few days.

Wednesday: Families arrived, and we took off. It was crazy, amazing, fun, inspirational, heartbreaking fun. So so so good. Minus the soaking wet carpets which in turn made our cabin smell like mildew. Worked wonders on my allergies.

Thursday: Left camp before breakfast to head out. Oh, Dan Wilson prayed for me. Yep. That Dan. Drove on I-5 for the first time...and 512... and 161. Great fun. :) Got home, prayed, took a shower, and then the power went out. So, who do I call? The boy. Turns out it wasn't just at my place. It was all of Silverdale. Oh and Bremerton. And parts of Thurston and Pierce Counties. Not so good when I have soaking wet hair and 2 hours before an interview for a job. So, the boy came over and made me feel better by waiting it out with me and telling me I would do great... and then the power did not come back on. Which means I had to find SOMEWHERE where I could dry and straighten my hair. I came up with the brilliant idea that Safeway would have to have power. Now, it normally takes me about 7 minutes to get from my apartment to Safeway. Not today. Not today. It took me 25 minutes because people do not know what to do when there are no stop lights. Pulled into Safeway...and the power returned. Again, not good. Not really wanting to dry my hair in the public and less than sanitary bathroom of Safeway, I thought that I would go over to the library and dry my hair. I didn't have enough time to make it home and dry my hair and be back so I thought the library would be ideal considering its large private bathroom and I know the ladies at the front desk. Pulled in ready to go with my blow dryer and straightener, and it has a big sign on the front door. "Closed due to power outage" I believe I may have said a bad word at this point. Then, being the BRILLIANT thinker that I am, I realized that I should probably just cross the street and go into the hair salon where I get my hair cut! I could use their outlet, it wouldn't look weird for me to be doing my hair there, and it was about 30 seconds away from the building I needed to be at. So, I marched in, and she actually ended up doing it for me. Bless her with my whole being. With 15 minutes to spare I took a few deep breaths before I walked into the administrative building, checked in, and then sat awkwardly in the chairs waiting for my turn. The interview turned out to be very relaxed which I enjoyed. 30 minutes later I was back at it. Stopped by to see the boy quickly, and he surprised me with AMAZING seats to the Mariner's game.... so super thoughtful, isn't he? Especially considering that he doesn't like baseball that much. Got back on the freeway, drove back to camp, and made it just in time for some chapel and dinner. Updated the Wilson's and every other person at camp about my interview, cause somehow everyone found out. But the more prayers the better. Great night at camp.

Friday: Tried to make it as normal of a day as possible. My family left early, due to a chemo appointment in Seattle. Which meant, Josie and I got to hang out the rest of the day together which was fantastic. It was hard to say goodbye to the families, and I tried to hold back the tears for the most part. Dropped Pete off, and caught the ferry home. And that's when the tears started. It was pretty rough. So, the boy came over and just held me for a while. He didn't ask any questions, didn't make me tell him anything, just listened and held me. Pretty great.

Saturday: Crazy amounts of errands. Trying to stay focused. MARINERS game with the boy, Em, and Jeff. So Much Fun. We lost, but oh well...we took 2 out of 3. :) That's when the adventure started. Didn't make the ferry. Went to Red Robin for mud pie...and missed the next ferry. Which meant we FINALLY caught the ferry at 12:45. But, I wouldn't have had it any other way. More time to be together. And hold hands. :) :) Got back, and ended up staying up WAY too late...or maybe early? But again, wouldn't change it. Also, lost the dog somewhere in there which meant we were out at 3:40 looking for him. Just another day in my crazy life.

Sunday: Didn't make it to morning service, cause I was SO tired. Got ready to go to my friend Michelle's wedding...with the boy. :) He picked me up, we got coffee, and then headed down. It was a beautiful wedding, got to see my dear friend Jenni, and got to hang out with the boy. Got back to my place, and he headed out to go see some family. Went over to my parents house, went to church, Target, and then back home. And then the boy came back over. And it was great. So so good. Can't even stop smiling. I like to snuggle. :)

Monday: Slept in....felt SO good. The boy came over and picked me up and we went to IKEA! Finally got a bookcase, and some new glasses. Oh, and a clock :) Came back, and took a glorious nap... so good. :) Then, we put my book case together, hung up my key holder, and then just spent some quality time together. So good. Yes... good. :) He headed out a bit early tonight, and I still haven't gone to sleep! I've cleaned, showered, and now I think I am ready.

Busy busy busy. And this week looks the same. House-sitting for my parents, doubles ALL 3 DAYS at work, taking my parents to the airport...picking them up from the airport... bowling, hanging out with the boy, maybe getting a job? Should be a good, no...great week. :)

Wow, that was LONG. Time for bed now. :)

No comments: