Monday, June 8, 2009

monday post... on monday!

It's Monday and I am posting!

Pretty uneventful day.  Worked at the gym today which was pretty fun.  Met "Will" the new personal trainer.  Let me tell you... I would pay the 65 and hour just to watch him work out.       Enough said.  

Ran some errands... thought about a certain person... listened to loud music... prayed while driving... cried a bit while driving (why does that ALWAYS happen?!?!?!)

Did a bit of shopping... helped the brother with a school project... drove back to my place... and ready to go to bed so I can face the day tomorrow!

Things I am currently praying about:

Little April Rose
My family
My future
A certain someone
My students (Jorden and Gabe in particular)
Donna and Cindy
Sarah
McMamma and Stellan

Oh, one more thing.

I have been having a rough time recently feeling isolated.  And maybe that is because I have been struggling in the area of friendship.  I"m going to get kinda honest here and blunt.  Watch out.  

Recently, I have been watching my friends make some pretty big decisions in their lives... and I disagree with their choices.

For example: sleeping with your 'I don't really know what we are' friend/boyfriend/boytoy; moving in with your boyfriend; living with your fiancee...

I don't know exactly where I am going with this... but maybe just that I feel like I need some new friends with good solid morals!  That being said, I have some great friends.  Wonderful friends.  Amazing friends.  Solid Christian, grounded friends that I love dearly. 

But again, that being said: I seem to have issues with friendship.  I"ll just say it.  Maybe it is me.  And maybe that is why I am cautious about saying anything about these bad moral decisions my friends are making.  I don't want to end up all alone.  I don't want to end up without any friends.  My friends know my take on things... they know my opinion and stance.  But I don't push it on them every chance I get.  

However, I can't really seem to hold onto 'good' friends for too long.  High school friends: I have 2.  One lives in Cali, and one in Hawaii.  College: I started out with about 10 close friends.  Of those 10, I see one on a regular basis.  4 of them I no longer talk to.  One I am in the process of starting to maybe kind of rekindle things with.  We shall see.  There is still a lot of pain and hurt there.  Forgiveness has been given but trust is a whole other ball game.  

So currently, I only have a few friends that I see on a regular basis.  I have 1 really good amazing friend who makes horrible life decisions, 1 really close solid, grounded, amazing friend who I can talk about everything from Baseball to God, evil, cracker jacks, and Hannah Montana with, and the other person I have been spending quite a bit of time with... has no idea that I sometimes find it difficult to breath and get my heart to beat at a normal speed around him.  But can I tell him that? No.  

Friendship.  Its tough.  And it gets me thinking... am I a good friend?  Is it me that pushes people away?  If I can't keep friends... am I ever going to be able to keep a man in my life?  

Oh man... writing sometimes just make my head spin around so fast and I have all these thoughts that just RUSH to my finger tips.  

If you are still reading this, I commend you.   


I think that is all for right now.  Good thing I have Tuesday to write as well. 

No comments: