Granted, we are just going to the Washington History Museum, but at the same time, we are not at school in the classroom. :) I love love love my kids sooooo much that sometimes I just can't even express it. There are definite ups and downs (read: sending kids to the office, when they don't turn in their work, get into fights, make poor decisions, have parents call upset about something, and those kinds of things...) but honestly, I just love it all.
I think that may be sometimes how God feels. Here I go into my 'deeper' thoughts that always go through my mind.
When we set time aside to just 'be with God' either during a quiet time in the morning or evening or whenever, I think God is probably pretty excited to 'hang out' with us. I'm sure that he loves when we study in a group or go to church but I just think he is probably as giddy as I am when we spend time with just him: no agenda, but pure love.
He knows that we are going to mess up, he knows that we will make poor decision, have consequences for our actions, and sometimes be in a bad mood. However, he also knows what is in store for us, what our future looks like, and how what we are doing today shapes us for tomorrow.
One of my most favorite worship songs is called 'You are Good' and it was written by a girl at my new church, which by the way, I LOVE, and it has been my recent 'anthem' in times of unknown.
You are Good
I don't always know where I am going
But I know who I am following
I can't always see far down the road
But I know you'll tell me where to go
So I go
I will follow
So let us take this journey one step at a time
I'll walk strong in knowing your hands holding mine
Cause you are good
You are good
You are good
You are good
You'll telling me to fix my eyes on you
To lay down my pride and turn to you
Knowing that you have seen it all through
Teaching me to trust you
So I'll try
So I go
I will follow
So let us take this journey one step at a time
I'll walk strong in knowing your hands holding mine
Cause you are good
You are good
You are good
You are good
And when I fall away
You bring me to my knees
To the cross where your love has endured all things
To the cross where your love has endured all things
To the cross where your love has endured all things
Let us take this journey one step at a time
I'll walk strong in knowing your hands holding mine
Cause you good
You are are good
You are good
You are good
I should probably go and finish getting ready for the day.
I get to go and hang out with one of my best friends tonight after the field trip. :) So much to look forward to. :)
1 comment:
Love that song -- it is so true. No matter what God is so good to us! I hope the field trip was a blast. Only a few more days of school right?! Have you looked for a teaching position yet for next year?
Post a Comment