Friday, June 20, 2008

today.

I had quite a few things going on today... and had a lot of time to think

a) I was sitting on the hardwood floor upstairs at my house in Seattle, laughing with my baby today, and got a bit emotional. I'm not a big fan of germs, and most of the time, people laugh at me about my insecurity about touching things. But today, David was COVERED in graham crackers and juice, and I wanted nothing more than for him to snuggle right into the crook of my neck and hold on tight. He gets in these moods where he loves to just be held, and I love it. I was completely covered in spit up, graham crackers, juice, poop, baby power, desitin, mandarin oranges, and slobber by the end of the day, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

b) Later, we went upstairs to wake up Betsy, and she was absolutely adorable. I love to catch her when she's really calm, because you see a different side of her, a much more subdued and candid side of her. She put her arms around my neck and pulled me close for some snuggle time, and told me she loved me. It was wonderful.

c) I was on the ferry this afternoon, realizing how much I love Seattle. I love the buildings, the smells, the sights, the traffic (although not so much today) and I love being part of everything in it.

d) I started thinking today about my life this past year, as it is hard to realize another year of school is over. This year went by so incredibly fast, and I was remembering my first cold and painful nights in my first apartment when I thought this year would never end. I started this year heart-broken, without my best friend, and totally lost in this world. I had to rebuild, made amazing life-long friendships, and got to experience something I had always dreamed of; being a live-in-nanny. At the time, I thought God might have forgotten about me, that I was left out. But I know that he had bigger and better things for me, that he knew what he was doing, and was just waiting for me to come to him. I had a wonderful school year, a wonderful time living with my family, and got to experience the love of friends.

e) When I got home tonight, I got to hang out with my family. I can't believe that another school year is over for them too.. it seems like yesterday they were born. I can't believe they are in 9th and 7th grade, time is moving too quickly. I seem to have days where I wish we could just stay exactly where we are; days where I wish I could see what was happening 50 years from now, and days when I wish I could see a year from now. I love thinking about the future, but today was a day I wished it would all stop and stay exactly the same.

f) I am thoroughly enjoying this blogging thing... I feel like it is a real outlet for me, and a way to convey my thoughts and feelings about the day... Maybe my own little quiet time to reflect, pray, and think about my life. Today was great... can't wait to see what happens tomorrow... maybe scones for breakfast? :)

No comments: