So, for the last 8 months, I have lived with the most amazing family as their nanny. I have two wonderful children that I take care of, and I have truly come to love them.
Betsy, who is 3 is a little spitfire, as well as a little angel. She is energetic, loving, funny, quirky, sneaky, and adorable, all wrapped into one petite blue eyes, blond little girl. She loves to swing, run around naked, pinch people, play in the mud, put band aids all over baby dolls, and eat as much dessert as she can. She is a true joy in my life, and I don't quite know what I am going to do without her smiling little face looking at me from the top of the stairs.
David is now 11 months old, and will turn 1 on July 25th. I moved in when he was 3 months old, a little bundle of joy still trying to figure out this world. I can't believe that he is now almost a whole year old. I have seen all of his big milestones - his first tooth, the first time he rolled over, his first solid foods, his first word, his first steps, his first.. everything. When he was smaller, we would always take naps together, all snuggled up on my couch, I don't think I've ever slept better. When I would rock him to sleep and he would just gaze up into my eyes, that's a feeling I will never forget. The hardest part of this is that I know he won't remember me, and that breaks my heart. The person who takes over my job will get to have all those memories with me, and he will remember her, not me.
I know that I will be coming back to visit, but it won't be the same. I almost wish I was doing my student teaching over here, and I could live here next year... and the next year... and the next... just so that I could see them grow up. They will always have a special place in my heart, I just wish I would have one in theirs.
No comments:
Post a Comment