Make sure you read the wedding: the morning of, the wedding: getting ready, the wedding: the dress, and the wedding: the first look!
the wedding: under the cherry blossoms
Growing up, my family went to the same church from the time I was 4 until I was 19. My parents were married at this church. My three brothers were baptized. I went to Sunday school and then youth group there. It was my family.
As you came up the driveway to the church, it was lined with cherry trees. Not small bushes, but large trees. The first time I remember seeing them was when I was about 6 years old.... I stood under them as the wind surrounded me in petals and a sweet fragrance, and I thought {this is where I want to get married}. Every time we would drive up to go to church or an event...I thought {this is where I am going to get married}. I even marked on my calendar the weeks that the trees bloomed so that I could plan my {someday} wedding around those dates.
Eventually my family left that church, and joined a new church family...where I then met my husband. At first it was extremely difficult, but looking back, I know that during that time I grew closer to God and found a new family...and a husband.
After we got engaged, and then decided on our old church to hold the ceremony, and picked a date in the spring... I realized. There would be cherry blossoms. It didn't cross my mind until I was driving up the driveway for a meeting...and saw the beginning buds on the trees. My mind raced back to all of those memories...and I sat sobbing in the car realizing.... {THIS} is really good to happen.
These pictures hold a special set of memories... they bring back a flood of images and smells in my mind of my childhood...and really are proof to me that miracles can happen.














No comments:
Post a Comment