Crazy.
I have completed my first year of teaching and LOVED every minute. I know that when God was creating me, he made me to be a teacher. It is my passion, my true love, and what I was meant to do.
I have been full of all kinds of mixed emotions today. It truly is a bittersweet ending. While I am so glad to have completed this year and so glad that I am now on break, it is also very difficult to be done. TO be done doing what I LOVE to do. And not know what the future holds for my teaching career.
I was packing up things today in my classroom when I received permission to go and visit my student who is currently staying in a mental health facility. So while I didn't get half of what I wanted to do done, I was able to go and spend some precious time with him.
So while it is amazing and exciting this year is over, it is also sad and very difficult. I am hoping that my heart will start feeling better about this and I can start really enjoying my summer break.
And now back to those pesky report cards... :)
1 comment:
Thanks for the comment! I am a first year teacher too! I teach second grade...well, taught second grade. Not sure what grade I'll be teaching next year...the waiting game is NOT fun. Your blog is super cute!
Post a Comment