I am feeling restless. The definition of restless is
1. characterized by or showing inability to remain at rest: a restless mood.
2. unquiet or uneasy, as a person, the mind, or the heart
3. without rest; without restful sleep: a restless night
4. unceasingly active; averse to quiet or inaction, as persons
5. marked by a lack of quiet, repose, or rest
6. not able to rest, relax, or be still
Let me preface this with: I have a great life. I should be very thankful for all I have, for the many blessings God has given me. I should be satisfied. But at the same time, I am feeling restless.
I'm 21. I have a full time grown up job. I pay my own rent. Make the same payment every month on my car. Pay my car insurance payments. I have a Costco membership. I. Am. Settled.
But in all truth, I feel stuck. I feel trapped. And it feels very scary.
Is this my life? Is this all there is? A job I love, go to everyday, go to the gym, come home, eat by myself, and go to bed. Get up the next morning and do it all over. Weekends? Work on Saturdays sleep in Sunday, go to church, and prepare for Monday.
I'm feeling restless. Stuck. Trapped.
But at the same time...I love what I have.
So how do I get out? How do I make a change? How do I make myself feel more...settled and content?
...not really looking for answers :) just processing.
No comments:
Post a Comment