The end of a decade. Crazy. 10 years ago, I was in elementary school, and now here I am teaching elementary school. 2009 is over, and we are well into the first day of 2010. 2009 was a year of changes, big decisions, mistakes, lessons learned, and growth.
~I completed my student teaching. Truly fell in love with 26 amazing students. I had such a fantastic mentor teacher and feel like I learned how to truly teach. I finally reached my goal of being a teacher. Certified, stamped, and registered in the State of Washington as a teacher.
~Took on two long term substitute jobs. Got to get my feet wet in teacher and completely loved it.
~Had an amazing Spring Break, and much needed, vacation in Arizona with my bestie. We soaked up all the sun, baseball, and junkfood we could. Such a great trip.
~Came back from said trip and decided it was time to start taking care of myself. Started working on eating better, one step at a time.
~Enjoyed 20 baseball games this season. My slightly obsession with the Seattle Mariner's continues.
~Started working two summer jobs. One at a gym in town, and the other at a conference center. Almost quit said jobs as well, but stuck it out. The gym turned out to be great, but the conference center was not so great.
~Moved into my own apartment. Best decision for keeping things kosher with my family. And I’m only 10 minutes away. It’s Perfect…minus the dark green paint…but that can always change. J
~Went to a BUNCH of concerts...and loved all of them. Kenny Chesney, Lady A, Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Darius Rucker, Sugarland, Miranda Lambert, and Keith Urban to name a few!
~Had one interview for a teaching position. And didn't get the job.
~Worked at Camp Side By Side again and learned how kids with cancer have way more faith than I have. Challenging week to say the least.
~Had another job interview...and didn't get the job.
~My relationship with the Boy took off and hit the road running. July 8th will be a day that forever changed my life. We became friends, and he was in my life for the next four months. What a summer of learning, growth, mistakes, fun, excitement, mistakes, learning, and some serious personal growth. While things didn’t end up exactly the way I had hoped, I am glad that we are still friends and hopefully things will stay that way. First love, first heartbreak all in one year.
~Was hired as a teacher. A real teacher. Granted, it was 36 hours before school started, but I finally did it. I finally accomplished what I had worked for in elementary school, junior high, high school, running start, and college. I did it. Probably what I am most proud of this year.
~Realized how blessed I am and also how selfish I can be. Again, room for lots of personal growth.
~Gave my heart away to my 24 students. Learning how to separate out my life and theirs. We celebrated Thanksgiving in style with a full meal and lots of good cheer. A few tears of joy were shed and its forever in my memory. Celebrated Christmas as well and tried to show the kids the wonder of Christmas found in ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. Hopefully they will take that with them even as they grow older.
~Lost 52 pounds this year. Yay! About 50 more to go… good thing I have 2010 too!
So, in the year of 2010…I have a few things I would like to accomplish. A few things I would like to happen. A few things that I am hoping I will have the courage and strength to do.
2010:
~Get into a small group
~Meet someone who will change my life...that can be taken in many different ways and probably all of them are true.
~Spend more time being still…“Be still and know that I am God”
~Be more organized. At home, at work, and in my car J
~Spend more time investing in my friendships.
I think that is all I have for now…Although I have a whole year to add more things to this list. So look back for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment