I realized today that it has been almost a month since I have written anything, but my life has been a bit busy.
Update:
1) I finished VBS two weeks ago. It was an amazing and extremely draining week, but wonderful. We had 150 children and over 100 volunteers, and it all went off without a hitch. Except for the little girl who put a bead up her nose and had to go to the ER, but that was no big deal. :)
2) Last week I worked at the most amazing Camp called "Camp-Side-By-Side". Hands down, one of the best weeks of my life.
A few highlights from the week:
Dan Wilson and Family: Yes, that Dan Wilson. I hung out with him and his family for 3 whole days. I ate meals, swam, danced with them, goofed off with his kids, and had an amazing time. We exchanged e-mails and #'s and such. AMAZING, and a dream come true for me.
Stories. I love hearing stories about people. Maybe that is why I enjoy reading people's blogs... because you can learn so much about someone and get inside their head. Well, this week was challenging in so many ways, but such a blessing in others. Hearing stories of kids dying from cancer, families torn apart and lost while their child is suffering was difficult. But to hear the faith of these families that they know God's presence and can feel it... amazing. Sometimes I as the question, "Where is God" and I can't even imagine having to ask that question and not know the answer, especially in times like this. But, as Buddies at camp, we are not there to fix anything; simply stand beside these families and listen.
Kids. I had the privilege and honor of hanging out with so many kids; which is probably my favorite thing in the world to do. These kids just got to be kids for the week, and to see that was amazing.
Being Goofy: Most of the time, I am a fairly reserved person. But at camp, I can totally be goofy, dance, sing, laugh until I cry, and generally be involved in activities adults normally save for kids.
People. I also got to meet some amazing amazing people at camp. The volunteers who work at so great!!! I got to hang out with a whole lot of people, and I couldn't have asked for better people to be around.
I feel like this may be my most positive blog... ever. I see that as when I give back, I get back so much more than I could ever want. I'll wait to post more until tomorrow.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment