My hubby and I, along with 3 other amazing people, get the privilege and honor of leading a high school 'small' group through our youth group at church.
I put small in quotes because our 'small' group has ranged everywhere from 8-80!
Yes, I have 80 kids that I love dearly and willingly subject myself to their never ending drama.
In other words, I truly love it.
This past Wednesday, happened to be one of our leader's birthdays.
Mel joined our group in January when she came to Winter Camp... and hasn't left since. She has fallen in love with all our kids...and honestly, I think they have fallen in love with her!
She responds to Mel, Mama, Mama K, Mama Kunkle, Mrs. Kunkle...the list goes on.
We decided a celebration was in order, and spent part of our Wednesday eating cupcakes, laughing, and praying over her.
{Mel is the tiny woman being squished in the middle of the picture}
I am so thankful God brought her to our group...she brings with her years of youth leading experience, wisdom, the knowledge of teenagers since she has raised FOUR boys (currently who are 17, 18, 19, and 20...WOW), and one of the kindest, biggest, sweetest hearts.
Thank you Mel, for your love and commitment to youth group, and to our small group!

No comments:
Post a Comment