Thursday, April 26, 2012

grey clouds...

I live in Washington {for those of you who didn't know that}.

And while we may be famous for our rain and clouds.... well, that is just what we use as a 'cover' to keep too many people from settling down here.

Granted, it does rain a lot.  And we have a lot of grey days.  And a good portion of them involve some sort of precipitation: rain, sleet, mist, hail, snow....

Today is one of those days. 

After our first few B.E.A.Utiful days of the year this past weekend... Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday have been...icky. 

Rain.
Mist.
Grey clouds.


This morning as I was getting ready, I was listening to our local Christian radio station on my phone {LOVE the new app!}.  The great thing is that they don't have the normal commercials, and instead have these great little mini sermons.

This morning the speaker was talking about being {joyful}.  How our attitude reflects our joy.  And how we are all witnesses to the joy of the Lord.

Ouch. 

I realized that my attitude, was not reflecting the joy the Lord brings...and in turn my attitude was not bringing the joy of the Lord to others.  I love those moments when you have read a verse a hundred times...but it sticks out to you in a different way.  

So this morning, opened my bible, and read about joy...here is what I found. 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ~ Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Romans 12:12 ~ Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, and persistent in prayer.

James 1:2 ~ Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.

Philippians 4:4 ~ Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, Rejoice!

1 Chronicles 16:27 ~ Honor and majesty are in His presence; strength and joy are in His sanctuary.

Psalm 118: 24 ~ This is the day which the Lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it.


I wish I would always remember to go to the Word when I am feeling down... it really does bring me JOY!

No comments: