As teachers, we never EXPECT to be given gifts. However, when that occasional gift lands on my (~always~) messy desk, it is a nice surprise!
I would say some of the best gifts include...
**Gift Cards to...Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart...We can use these for little morning perks, classroom supplies, or anything for ourselves...which is great!
**Hand Written Notes (from students AND parents)...If you really want to show your child's teacher that they are appreciated, a note is a perfect and inexpensive way! I have a little special box I put letters in. :)
****And just a tip... don't save gifts just for things like Christmas or Teacher Appreciate Week... gifts are the best when they come at random! :)
Thanks for making us teachers feel so appreciate!!!
5 comments:
I definitely agree with gift cards and thank you notes as the two best things. :)
I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I am also younger reader of Kelly's blog. I just sat and read your entire blog. I identify with you so much in you life journey with God, the Boy and many other things. I am froma small town in Oregon and even know some people who went to SPU.
Lovely ideas!
Cxx
I agree with you I think a personalized thank you note or a gift card is the best things...
Have a happy friday
xoxo
Summer :)
As a previous teacher you could never go wrong with a giftcard!! Thanks for sharing! Your blog is precious!!
Happy Friday!
Post a Comment