But these last few weeks have Rocked My World.
Let me make a list:
School: Wow. Wow. Wow. I work in a Title I school...which means that over 50 percent of the students receive free or reduced lunch. Thing is, a lot of the student's parents get paid under the table so they can't qualify. 2/3 of my class live in the low-income apartments next door. I had open house...and 4 parents came. Out of my 24 students. Sad.
I have a student who has been in the psych unit. One who's dad is on death row. One who's mom is blind in one eye because his Dad kicked her in the face. One who lives in her car. One who's Mom was busted in a Craigslist prostitution ring. One with 15 siblings. One who gets her 5 brothers and sisters ready every morning. The list just goes on.
So I am definitely feeling the challenge and the need to just love these children. Love them and care about them and embrace their dreams and goals for life.
More to come.
Family: Kyle got his tonsils taken out...and is living on his own doing that. We'll see how he survives. Kris got his braces taken off and is growing about a mile a minute. Kevin is looking so OLD. I got to hang out with him and Matt (his best friend) and they are such little men! Parents are good and have been supportive.
The Boy: Kinda crazy. We're 'dating' but not. Confusing enough. Good. He's pretty great, has been an anchor for me during these crazy weeks. He is a support system, a friend, a confident, someone who knows how to make me laugh and relax, and also someone to just feel safe with. It's good. And things are good. And I want it to stay just like it is right now.
So, life has been kinda crazy and my blog has taken a bit of a back seat. Now that things are going to hopefully settle down a bit... I will update more. But until then...
Lord, please be with me during these challenging days of school. Be with my students and let me show them your love. Work in my heart...and in the boy's. Be with me. You provide and I trust in you. I called..you answered...and you came to my rescue...and I want to be where you are. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment