Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's been a while...

My life has been a crazy series of important events... and blogging has taken the back burner!

1.)  I finished student teaching.  It was, by far, the best and most challenging 7 months of my life.  I left my heart in room 111 with my 26 students and 1 very important mentor.  

2.)  I was offered a long-term sub position!  I will begin working, right NEXT DOOR to 111 in room 110.  I could not be more excited to meet my 25 2nd graders at the door every morning!

3.) I finished up my last class at SPU.  Until I decide to get my Master's, I am DONE with college.  

4.) I started subbing for other teachers.  Slightly scary, because I don't know the kids, the school, the staff... but overall a good experience.  Can't WAIT until I do a high school class. :)

5.)  Had my first experience with being treated poorly because of my age.  It was rude and inconsiderate of a fellow staff member who didn't think that I was 'qualified' to chaperon junior high students.  I'm letting it go...

6.)  I have fallen in love with my new church.  Leaving CKPC was tough, very tough.  But coming to newlife and finding a true passion and fire for Jesus is amazing.  

7.) I am going to ARIZONA!  Spring Break 09 means fulfilling one of my life long goals... MARINER'S SPRING TRAINING.  Oh yes.  Emily and I leave on Saturday and will have a week of glorious warm sunny weather and lots and lots of BASEBALL.

8.)  I have gotten 5 wedding invitations.  Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE weddings.  I cry all all of them and I love going.  However.... I HATE going alone.  It's like singles awareness notification when you have to check the box '1' for how many guests.  Maybe I can find someone to go with me? :)

9.) My little brother turned 15.  One more year and he can date.  In a few months, he will be driving.  Oh my.

10.)  I have returned to blogging!  Hopefully with this new classroom and less pressure of being a 'student' teacher, I will keep up on it.  I am thinking lots of updates on some of my silly kids. 


No comments: