And seeing as how I developed my yearly "Winter Break sleeping patterns" of going to bed between 12 and 1...and then sleeping until 9-10, I decided that I would be okay if I could just fall asleep by 10:30.
A few days earlier, I started reading a new book after seeing the trailer and becoming interested. So, on my phone under the covers as not to wake my husband, I continued reading this book, just for a few minutes before going to sleep:
Bad, bad idea.
Pretty soon, 2:30 rolled around. I seriously could not believe it when I looked at my phone. And as a side note, my husband's alarm goes off at 4:45, and he is not the quietest person in the morning getting ready, if you catch my drift.
But I just HAD to finish it. The benefit? I got to spend the day discussing it with students who have already read it, and one of my kids let me borrow the second one.
Score.
Now the question is... should I start it tonight?

No comments:
Post a Comment