I am not a fan of the Dr.
I just don't like going.
But, my husband finally convinced me, I needed to go because I haven't been feeling all that great for a while.
When I was younger, I dealt with some thyroid issues. They always said it was because I was on another medication, and that it made it hard to diagnose it, but that was what they thought it was.
Well, now that I am off that other medication.... I am experiencing more and more symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Here are the most common symptoms...
Feeling tired, weak, or depressed. (These last few weeks, I can barely get out of bed. I am sleeping a lot, but I just feel...tired.)
Dry skin and brittle nails. (Check, and check. I can lather in lotion in the morning and night...with no evidence. Hair? It's all falling out. Seriously.)
Not being able to stand the cold. (I used to be okay...not anymore...especially my hands and feet. I cannot stand being cold.)
Memory problems or having trouble thinking clearly. ( I feel like my brain is in a fog. I used to be REALLY good at remembering things, like numbers and names, and now I just feel... slow.)
Heavy or irregular menstrual periods. (All my life. Hmmm....)
Joint or muscle pain. (Yes, and yes.)
Weight gain (unintentional). (A BIG yes. I have been eating around 1000 to 1200 calories a day, and exercising...and I am still GAINING weight. Ugh.)
Those are the big symptoms... and I have all of them.
Do you ever feel like you are being judged by your Dr. though when you come in with a self diagnosis?!? I know its just the Internet, and I could probably diagnose myself with around 100 different thing...but this is different. I am seeing a new Dr. this time, because my old Dr. retired.
Nervous, but looking forward to my Dr.'s appointment...hoping for some answers. Prayers appreciated.
2 comments:
I have had many of the same symptoms for years. I have asked my doc to check my thyroid a couple times, and he always says that nothing is wrong with it. It is frustrating to feel crappy all the time. Prayers to you!
I am sending prayers your way. I hope that the doctor discovers something that is easily fixed and that you are feeling better soon!
Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade
Post a Comment