Monday, January 24, 2011

wedding planning: the cake...

The Wedding Cake...
I love to bake. So my first thought was to make my own cake. I've done a few friends cakes, but my mother, MOH, and fiance quickly shot that down. Darn. They think I'll have too much going on that day to worry about the cake. Silly people, I'm just getting married. {In all truth, I'll probably be a wreck on that day so it was for sure a BAD decision to make my own.}

We just signed our contract with Marcus Carter of Carter Chocolates to make our cake. And let me tell you. It's going to be great.


White chocolate cake...raspberry filling...vanilla buttercream.


All from scratch. Made that day. Yummmmmmmm.


Here is what the cake is going to look like. Except, 5 tiers. Yep, F-I-V-E. I never thought I would get a 5 tier cake but its happening.


The top layer is going to be round, and the flowers are going to be just like that, but blue. You know, to match our colors of black, white, and royal blue.


We are putting little tea light candles all around it on the table...so romantic.


Here is our cake topper. Ryan's sister painted it so that it is also white, black, and the flowers on the base are blue. It was more of a cream/brown/green color and now it looks GREAT. And my favorite part? Ryan teared up a little when we found it. Don't tell him I told you. Of course I held myself together quite well in the back isle of Hallmark. {NOT A CHANCE} It was emotional to say the least. Trust me, we are going to BOTH be wrecks on the BIG day.






This is our cake cutting set and champagne glasses. It's by Kate Spade and the handles say Mrs. and Mrs. The flutes have one for Mrs. and one for Mr. I love them. Now someone just has to get them off of our registry... yay for a couple bridal showers coming up soon!

So the is Part One of my wedding planning postings... 103 days to go!

2 comments:

Charity said...

what a gorg cake and wowie that sounds YUMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!

krislyn. said...

loving-loving that cake! holy moly, sounds like you guys are planning one huge celebration!! excited for you Katie!