Saturday, December 26, 2009

like a light switch....

Things have flipped like a light switch. I was unsure, kind of hesitant, and felt the distance growing. This week the boy was distant again, and I wasn't sure what to do.

Then Thursday, he asked me to have lunch with him in his sweet "Have lunch with me?" text. And how could I say no to that. So, we had lunch, exchanged gifts, and went our separate ways. He headed down to Vancouver to spend some time with his family, and I headed home to my family as well.

Since Thursday night, I have talked on the phone to him 6 times. Yes, actually talked on the phone. Texting is apparently back in style too. Oh, and Facebooking.

I'm trying to be cautious with my heart but here is the truth: This is what I have missed. I have missed my friend. The one who texts me when he wakes up, or when he can't sleep or when he goes to bed. The one who wants to call and tell me that he misses me. That he wishes I was there with him. Who tells me I'm beautiful. I have missed my friend that I can joke around with.

This is what I don't want to stop. I want him to be my friend. I want to care about him as my friend. I want him to care about me as his friend. And if that is all that happens, I will be just fine with that. Of course, there is still a little part in my heart that wishes he was mine and I was his if you know what I mean, but right now I am happy to have my friend back. Just like things used to be this summer before we got all complicated.

So, he is coming back home Sunday I think...and we are hanging out on Monday. He has the day off, I have the day off. Perfect. Just like it used to be.

I just hope that the light switch stays on, and doesn't suddenly turn off. Again. I like having my friend back. :)

No comments: